From Strobe Lights to Sun Lounges

more chill than your average bear

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Missing In Action


the dressing room.


after the show


I truly felt bad about not being able to go to my training's graduation night in phil. heart center.
I felt I needed to explain why I was the only one missing in an event that I was excited about( hello I paid for the food! at least get my money's worth).

but thursday night, i got a text message from my handler that I booked a job for a fashion show. it was set for 2pm in a hotel somewhere in quezon city.
I said yes because my thing at heart center wont start until 6pm.

so i said, might as well make some money and then just make sunod sa heart center after since its 6pm pa naman.

oh dear.
when i got to the hotel for fitting, goodness, the clothes got delayed.
the other talents from GMA-7 were late as well.
and the biggest surprise?

it was a resort show! not in manila!

so we left the hotel around 4:30pm!
we arrived around 7pm.
hair and make up around 8pm.
show started around 8:30pm.

the dressing room was quite far from the stage so I had to literally run because I had FIVE garment changes. it finished around 10pm.

but ofcourse i had to wait until i got paid (minus 30 percent).
so we left the venue around 12am.

luckily hinatid ako pauwi ni kuya mark(the girls manager and record producer)

but ofcourse the thing at heart center was finished na...

not that i dont appreciate having been able to book a job. i mean im super thankful to be part of something that im able to meet new friends like Dante(who is managed by direk maryo j. de los reyes), Justin(who appears as extra talent in GMA-7) and working with an up and coming girl group(also from gma)

ofcourse i also have to be careful not to piss my handler, Ms. L because she will drop me just like that if i show any attitude. so when i aid yes and things got delayed unexpectedly, hindi ako pwede pagreklamo. unless i want to be jobless.

in this business, im lucky to book two jobs for a month. others go jobless for 6 months.
so every thing that comes my way i really have to be wise about it. its either you grab it or you dont.

IF ONLY I COULD DIVIDE MY BODY INTO TWO PLACES AT ONCE I WOULD!
:(

naipit na rin ako. it would have been a major scandal if umalis ako ng basta basta. aside from the fact that i dont know how to leave the place, i also would not have been paid if i didnt finish the job.

although im sad that i missed this training graduation I'm still thankful for God's blessing. for getting me work. I think thats one thing also, I dont want to take for granted the blessings that come my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home